Waiting on the world to change...

Thursday, July 29, 2010

20 weeks, 5 days

Yesterday we had our anatomy scan. It was the first time to see the baby since we got to see the little gummi bear ultrasound at about 9 weeks. We had definitely decided to find out the gender and the very first shot when the ultrasound began was the money shot. It's a boy! His name will be Weston Lewis Moon. We had been deciding between Weston and Brennan and really liked that Weston also gave us the nickname option of Wes. So, Weston it is!

It was amazing to see all of the details. The little fists, the arms and legs, the profile! Oh and the four chambers of the heart! It definitely brought tears to my eyes. Everything looked healthy and he weighed about 14 ounces which sounded big to me but they said it was right on track! The only thing we couldn't get a good look at was the brain, but the midwife said we would just take another look later on. We also listened to his heartbeat during my appointment and it was up around 160! Everything else is on track with me as well. My weight gain and diet is going well. She said I should be gaining about a pound a week now for the rest of the pregnancy!

It is all very overwhelming and exciting for me. Seeing him and naming him made it all just that much real for me. It is exciting and scary all at the same time. In about 4 months I will be responsible for this little guy. Such a blessing and so powerful. It's definitely put me in an emotional state!

I went out and purchased the letters and scrapbook paper for his name. We're probably going to hang it above the crib. Now that we know his name we can go ahead and finish the nursery. I will post pictures as soon as it is complete! This crazy and amazing adventure is going so quickly. I cannot imagine how quickly the next few months will pass with the beginning of the new school year and the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment