Waiting on the world to change...

Monday, July 12, 2010

18 weeks, 2 days

So, I found a link to a message board where people discuss all sorts of gender prediction websites and old wives tales. I couldn't help trying them out just for fun!

The predictor at http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/PredictSex.htm said girl for the dates I think are most likely for conception. The one at http://www.babygenderprediction.com/chinese-gender-chart.html was a little complicated to figure out but I think I did it correctly and it also said girl. I got a third girl prediction using the chart at http://www.webwomb.com/chinesechart.htm so it seemed there was a trend in the sites I visited today! Oh, I also answered the questions at http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/oldwivestales/index.phtml the best I could and got 40% of a boy and 60% chance of a girl.

I was reading a message board and someone posted about the biorhythm method. If I did it correctly, it looks like this one points to boy. This chart also had the new moon and full moon and we were in the new moon which points to girl. Of course, everything has a chance of being 50% correct! I guess this one will be correct one way or the other! I also tried the ring test and it circled which means girl. I was also reading about how your dreams show the opposite of what you are having and this does nothing at all for me since I had dreamed about having both. Of course, one was a robot so I don't know if that counts! :) Oh, and I read one more thing about the baby's heartbeat. It said that if it sounds like galloping horses then it is a girl and if it sounds like a steam train then it is a boy. At my last appointment, it definitely sounded like a stampede of horses. Do horses stampede?

According to Moon Theory (which I don't completely understand but it believes that the moon influences gender) it looks like the baby will be a girl. I believe I conceived in a new moon which sway towards girls. This also says that the sign the moon is in when you conceive can also sway. This is trickier because it could have been Aries (boy sign) or Taurus (girl sign) so I'm not counting it in "the count" I started on the post in June.

Adding all of these results to what the ones I did last month the count is: girl, 13; boy, 2. Either way, I'm entertaining myself while I wait until the 28th!

No comments:

Post a Comment