Waiting on the world to change...

Friday, April 30, 2010

8 weeks, 2 days

It is Friday after a long TAKS testing week and I am relived. Surprisingly, my energy levels were okay this week and I have been good about going to the gym. Eating has been interesting and yesterday I had a soft pretzel and a slice on muenster cheese for lunch. It was so good! Fruit and salad has been tasting wonderful to me, so that is a good thing.

Yesterday, I received my first cloth diapers in the mail! I had ordered 3 BumGenius 3.0 One Size in a seconds sale. Seconds supposedly have some minor visual flaws but nothing that effects their functionality. I looked over one of the ones we received and couldn't see anything wrong at all! The BG 3.0s should start to fit the baby between 10 - 12 pounds and fit through potty training. I'm hoping they are a good fit for our new moon!

I found a baby name quiz on NameNerds.com where you choose a name from each list and they give you about twenty lists. Then it tells you what your naming style is. My top styles were Modern Unusual (30%), Classic Unusual (25%), and Classic Eccentric (20%). Modern Unusual means you like modern-sounding names. None of these old-fashioned names for you! Newly coined names and ambigendrous names are probably trends you like. Classic Unusual means you prefer names that have a history. These are fashionable classics that have come back into use after several generations of quiet slumber. While Classic Eccentric means you prefer names that have a history. Perhaps you like names with historical connections or meaning. Although your favorite names may be considered stuffy and old-fashioned by some, to you they sound fresh and new and are ready for dusting off and being plunged into the new name pool.

Our top boy name falls under Modern Unusual names, so that seems to be accurate. There are a number of other names on that list that I also like. Our current top girl name didn't fall on any of those three lists though. Based on the description of Modern Unusual it might fall in that category. I could be addicted to this site now as it has a number of name lists sorted in different ways than other baby name sites!

Today is also Justin's 29th birthday and his last birthday not being a father!

No comments:

Post a Comment