Waiting on the world to change...

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

5 weeks


Today mom and I went to tour the birthing center, Nativiti. We saw the exam rooms, the ultrasound equipment, the living room and kitchen areas, and both birthing rooms. After the tour we met with one of the midwives, Melanie, to learn more about Nativiti, midwifery, and to answer any questions we might have had. It was a wonderful experience and it is definitely the way I want to go with my pregnancy, labor, and birth. Tomorrow I'm going to call to set up my first appointment which will be around 8 weeks. The first appointment will be about an hour and a half long and we will talk about things like nutrition. At the appointments after that they give you half an hour, just in case you need it! This is the kind of personal care that feels right to me. I'm looking forward to this adventure and doing it on my own terms!

No comments:

Post a Comment