Waiting on the world to change...

Saturday, November 27, 2010

38 weeks!

How far along: 38 weeks and only 14 days until D-day!

How big is baby: According to the Bump, Weston is about the size of a watermelon from week 37 to birth. Average size is 18.9 - 20.9 inches and 6.2 - 9.2 pounds! He spends these last weeks in preparation for the outside world… meaning careful refinement of the blink, suck, inhale and exhale. Meconium, which I’ll probably find in the first diaper, is accumulating in the intestines. If (okay, as) I worry about giving birth, consider what it’s like for the little one. During the journey out of my womb, he will produce more stress hormones than any other time in life.

Weight Loss/Gain: Up 31 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: Nothing much is very comfortable these days except Justin's t-shirts.

Next appointment: Wednesday, December 1st! I didn't have an internal last week, so I'm thinking I will have one this week. I'm also looking forward to getting measured as I was measuring a little small last week.

Movement: He's still moving all around despite the fact he that he doesn't have much room!

Food cravings: Back to the sweets although I really need to focus and not eat everything sweet in sight!

Food aversions: I haven't been in the mood to drink water this week unless it has some juice in it. Although there have been times this week that I'm not hungry at all.

Best Moment this Week: It was nice to have the week off from work to relax a bit.

Worst Moment this Week: I had a few days where I didn't feel well. Thursday I woke up with a bad cough but it seemed to just be a one day thing thankfully! I also didn't eat or drink enough on Friday and ended up in bed with a headache. I definitely have to make sure I'm eating and drinking right now even if I don't feel like it!

What am I looking forward to: Going to my next appointment on Wednesday and getting off work a little early on Friday as a little gift from administration at school!

No comments:

Post a Comment