Waiting on the world to change...

Saturday, November 20, 2010

37 weeks!

How far along: 37 weeks! We are full term!

How big is baby: According to the Bump, Weston is about the size of a watermelon from week 37 to birth. Average size is 18.9 - 20.9 inches and 6.2 - 9.2 pounds! He spends these last weeks in preparation for the outside world… meaning careful refinement of the blink, suck, inhale and exhale. Meconium, which I’ll probably find in the first diaper, is accumulating in the intestines. If (okay, as) I worry about giving birth, consider what it’s like for the little one. During the journey out of my womb, he will produce more stress hormones than any other time in life.

Weight Loss/Gain: Up 31 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: Nothing much is very comfortable these days except Justin's t-shirts.

Next appointment: Monday, November 22nd!

Movement: He's still moving all around despite the fact he that he doesn't have much room!

Food cravings: Back to the sweets although I really need to focus and not eat everything sweet in sight!

Food aversions: I haven't been in the mood to drink water this week unless it has some juice in it.

Best Moment this Week: It was exciting to find out that I was 1cm dilated. Although I could stay that way for weeks, it was just a sign that things are beginning to happen! I also got to attend the Breastfeeding class, just up at the hospital!

Worst Moment this Week: On Sunday, Weston must have been on my sciatic nerve because I had some intense hip and leg pain,

What am I looking forward to: Having this entire week of from work for Thanksgiving break! I'm also looking forward to having a meet and greet with a pediatrician on Monday and going to Nativiti to get checked again!

No comments:

Post a Comment