Waiting on the world to change...

Monday, November 22, 2010

37 weeks, 2 days

I had my 37 week appointment today and everything seems to be going smoothly. I didn't have an internal today so I don't know if I'm more dilated or effaced. My fundal measurement was 35.5 but my midwife didn't seem concerned. I looked it up on the internet when I got home and found out that near the end of pregnancy measurements depend on a lot of things can vary 1-2 centimeters either way. I also read that if the baby has dropped, the measurement could be smaller as well. I have been measuring right on track through the pregnancy so this was a bit of a change, but since the midwife wasn't concerned, I'm not too concerned either. Weston is still moving around a lot and his head was still down and low. I go back next Wednesday to see how things are going. My midwife did say something about when she thought I might deliver and it was the first time she'd mentioned anything. She said she thinks he'll come right around his due date, so 19 days or so!

We also met with a pediatrician today and really liked her. Weston will need to go in to the pediatrician within 48 hours of birth so it was good to click with the one we met today. We will try her out and hopefully everything will continue to click! The practice is unique in that the doctors are certified in both pediatrics and internal medicine so she could actually see Justin and I too if we like her.

At Nativiti today, I saw a woman from my birthing class and she had her baby with her! I believe she was due right around the time we're due. I got a chance to talk to her before we left and the baby had come early and she actually had to be transferred and ended up having a c-section. But she said everyone was healthy and that is what is so important. I will be praying for them that things continue to go smoothly as they were a very nice couple who had had some difficult times in the past. Thank God that their little girl is healthy even if she did come early!

No comments:

Post a Comment