Waiting on the world to change...

Saturday, December 4, 2010

39 weeks!

How far along: 39 weeks and contracting! D-day is a week away but it looks like we may be meeting him pretty soon!

How big is baby: According to the Bump, Weston is about the size of a watermelon from week 37 to birth. Average size is 18.9 - 20.9 inches and 6.2 - 9.2 pounds! He spends these last weeks in preparation for the outside world… meaning careful refinement of the blink, suck, inhale and exhale. Meconium, which I’ll probably find in the first diaper, is accumulating in the intestines. If (okay, as) I worry about giving birth, consider what it’s like for the little one. During the journey out of my womb, he will produce more stress hormones than any other time in life.

Weight Loss/Gain: Up 32 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: Nothing much is very comfortable these days except Justin's t-shirts.

Next appointment: Wednesday, December 8th if we make it that long!

Movement: He was still very active this week. This morning he has been moving although it is definitely slower!

Food cravings:  Sweets! Sweets! Sweets!

Food aversions: Still having the water issue though mixing it with juice works great!

Best Moment this Week: I got to leave early from work on Friday as a holiday gift! That was nice. I headed straight for the treadmill at the gym!

Worst Moment this Week: Returning to work on Monday wore me out and on Tuesday I was horribly exhausted and just felt pretty bad. Luckily, I was feeling much better on Wednesday.

What am I looking forward to: I'm definitely looking forward to going to my next appointment where I will get checked, although as of right now it seems like I may not make it to that appointment! In that case, I'm looking forward to meeting my little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment